Allied Breweries, 107 Station Street, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire
Allied Breweries, a major brewing and pub-owning conglomerate, was created in 1961 with the merger of:
- Ramsden & Son Ltd of Halifax was acquired in 1964 with 117 tied houses and was closed.
- In 1965, they acquired the 22 pubs of Blatch's Theale Brewery Ltd.
- Aylesbury Brewery Co. Ltd was acquired in 1973.
- The Thomas Usher & Son Ltd estate of 214 tied houses was acquired in 1980.
- The Holt, Plant & Deakin company was established as a local brewery and pub chain in 1984, utilising old brewery names, and emphasising local traditional values.
- They acquired Drybrough & Co. Ltd in January 1987 with 187 tied houses and brewing ceased there in the same month.
- Alnwick Brewery Co. Ltd was acquired in 1987.
- The Firkin Brewery chain was acquired in 1991.
Carlsberg Brewery Ltd merged with Allied Breweries in 1992 to form Carlsberg-Tetley. The pub estate traded as Allied-Domecq, and the remaining pub estate was sold to Punch Taverns in 2000.