Drybrough & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Drybrough 1948.jpg
Drybrough Edinburgh 1951.jpg
Drybrough Edinburgh 1980.jpg
Dryborough Edinburgh.jpg

Drybrough & Co. Ltd, Craigmillar Brewery, Duddingston Road, Edinburgh, Lothian.

Founded by 1750 and brewed at various sites before moving to Craigmillar in 1892.

Registered December 1895.

Acquired by Watney Mann Ltd end 1965 with 441 houses.

Sold to Allied Breweries in January 1987 with 187 tied houses and brewing ceased in the same month.



Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 4,371
Description : Interlocked Triangles
Date of Application : 30/3/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : 18 years

Registration No : 454,450
Description : Two triangles inside 8 pointed star
Date of Application : 11/12/1924
Used Prior to 1870? : NO

Registration No : 487,065
Description : Label design
Date of Application : 23/12/1927
Used Prior to 1870? : NO

Registration No : 520,602
Description : Strong ale label
Date of Application : 23/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870? : NO