Difference between revisions of "Richard Allen Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 7: Line 7:
 
The actual brewhouse is thought to have been demolished c.1904.  
 
The actual brewhouse is thought to have been demolished c.1904.  
  
The business was taken over by Praeds of Wellingborough in 1951, possibly as part of the take-over of [[Leicester Brewing & Malting Co. Ltd]] by [[Ansells Brewery Ltd]].  
+
The business was taken over by [[Campbell Praed & Co. Ltd]] of Wellingborough in 1951, possibly as part of the take-over of [[Leicester Brewing & Malting Co. Ltd]] by [[Ansells Brewery Ltd]].  
  
 
[[Category:Leicestershire]]
 
[[Category:Leicestershire]]

Latest revision as of 12:26, 14 April 2020

Richard Charles Allen Ltd, 26 Newark Street, Leicester, Leicestershire.

Previously Masters & Allen, Newark Street Brewery.

Registered in April 1898 as a joint venture to bottle beer on behalf of local brewers, but no longer brewing its own. A joint venture between Everards Ltd, the Leicester Brewing & Malting Co. Ltd. and the Welch Brothers.

The actual brewhouse is thought to have been demolished c.1904.

The business was taken over by Campbell Praed & Co. Ltd of Wellingborough in 1951, possibly as part of the take-over of Leicester Brewing & Malting Co. Ltd by Ansells Brewery Ltd.