Campbell Praed & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Campbell Praed 1911 BHS archives (12).jpg
Praed Wellingborough 1951.jpg
Nicely restored frontage at the former Crown Inn, Grendon: photo BHK 2011

Campbell Praed & Co Ltd, 30 Sheep Street, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.

Founded by 1823 and was acquired by Praeds 1878. Registered November 1896.

Acquired by Phipps & Co. Ltd with 107 houses in 1954 and brewing ceased 1955. The brewery has been demolished.


An assortment of views inside the brewery in 1911


Labels and artefacts


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 28,988
Description : Unicorn's head on a coronet
Date of Application : 28/8/1882
Used Prior to 1875? : NO


Registration No : 35,549
Description : Anglo-Vienna (name)
Date of Application : 13/2/1884
Used Prior to 1875? : NO