Colchester Brewing Co. Ltd
Colchester Brewing Co. Ltd, Eagle Brewery, East Hill, Colchester, Essex
Founded in 1828 by Christopher Stopes and Robert Hurnard (see:- C Stopes and Sons).
The Ipswich brewery was then closed and the company became Colchester Brewing Co. Ltd in September 1887.
Also at Langham until 1887.
Brewery still standing.
Sequence of formation:-
- Bridges, Cuthbert & Co Ltd (Ipswich), Falcon Brewery, Ipswich merged with Harwood & Co (Eye), Eye Brewery, Eye, both of Suffolk to form the Norfolk & Suffolk Brewery Co Ltd. on 26th November, 1886.
- C Stopes and Sons, Colchester and Langham Breweries. Essex, acquired on the 5th March, 1887.
- Company name changed to "The Colchester Brewing Company Ltd." on the 30th, October, 1887.
An assortment of images of the Colchester brewery