Lacon & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
An Ordnance Survey extract from 1904. "Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland" http://maps.nls.uk/index.html
Lacon 1955.jpg
Falcon Ale 1900s.jpg
Builders Arms (former), 140 St Pauls Road, Islington, London N1

E Lacon & Co. Ltd, Falcon Brewery, Church Plain, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.

Founded 1640 and acquired by Lacons 1760. Registered April 1894 with 204 tied houses. Public company formed 1952.

Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. December 1965 with 354 public houses.

Brewery closed 28th February 1968 and has been demolished.


An assortment of images of the brewery