Kemp Town Brewery Ltd
Kemp Town Brewery (Brighton) Ltd, Bristol Brewery, 6 Seymour Street, Brighton, East Sussex
Founded before 1833.
- In 1899, they acquired H B Longhurst & Son's Brighton brewery.
- In 1914, Young & Rawley Ltd of Eastbourne became bankrupt and was acquired.
- They acquired J Dudney, Sons & Co of Portslade in 1919 and the brewery and several public houses were resold to Smithers & Sons Ltd.
- Harry Chapman's Tower Brewery, Worthing was acquired in 1924 and was closed in 1926.
Registered March 1933 to acquire Abbey's Kemp Town Brewery Ltd.
Acquired by Charrington & Co. Ltd. with 236 houses in 1954 and brewery vacated 1964-65.
The brewery has been demolished and replaced by blocks of flats/
- More information about the company and other Brighton breweries is available from the Brighton & Hove website: : []
Views of the brewery