Hammond's United Breweries Ltd
Hammond's United Breweries Ltd, Fountain Brewery, 282 Manchester Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Founded 1840 by Joseph Pullan and purchased by James Hammond in 1860. Registered November 1889 as Hammond's Bradford Brewery Co. Ltd.
Hammond's Bradford Brewery Co took over the following breweries:
- Holmes & Sons (Bingley) in 1919 with 51 public houses and one off-licence.
- Ilkley Brewery & Aerated Water Co. Ltd in 1923 with 37 tied houses.
- Springwell Brewery Co. Ltd of Heckmondwike in 1929 with 88 houses.
As Hammond's United Breweries Ltd, they acquired the following companies:
- Seth Senior & Sons Ltd, Highfield Brewery, Lane Head, Penistone Road, Shepley, West Yorkshire in November 1946.
- Littleborough Brewery Ltd in 1948.
- Robinson & Anderson Ltd. of Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 1948.
- Bentley's Old Brewery (Rotherham) Ltd in 1956 with 65 public houses and brewing ceased.
- Richdale & Co. Ltd of Sheffield in 1956 with 25 tied houses.
- Case & Co. Ltd, Cavendish Brewery, Barrow-in-Furness in 1959.
- John Aitchison & Co. Ltd of Edinburgh in 1959.
- G S Heath Ltd of Barrow-in-Furness in 1959 with 21 public houses and was closed.
- Westoe Breweries Ltd of South Shields in 1960 with 83 tied houses and brewing ceased.
Ceased brewing at the Fountain Brewery in July 1955 but used the premises as offices.
The Fountain Brewery has been demolished.