Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Messrs. Taylor, Walker & Co’s., New (Barley Mow) Brewery, Limehouse, London E14. Brewers' Journal 15th October 1889
Taylor Walker Limehouse 2.jpg
TW Muswell Hill.jpg
Taylor Walker.jpg
Carlsberg Scarab 1950s.jpg

Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd, Church Row, Limehouse, London E14.

Founded 1730 as Hare & Salmon, Fore Street, Stepney. Partnership of Edward Vickeris Taylor and Truman Harford by 1796, then John Vickeris Taylor, John & Isaac Walker and Samuel Jones in 1816.

The Barley Mow Brewery was rebuilt in 1889. Registered March 1907.

Acquired by Ind Coope Ltd. 1959 with 1,360 houses & off-licences and brewing ceased in 1960.

The Taylor Walker name was later adopted as a brand by the Spirit Pub Co, then by Greene King.


List of Newham & Co pubs


An assortment of images of the brewery


The demolition of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 520,018

Description  : Labels
Date of Application  : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO


Registration No  : 520,019
Description  : Labels
Date of Application  : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO


Registration No  : 520,020
Description  : Labels
Date of Application  : 03/02/1931

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO