Phillips, More & Co. Ltd
Phillips, More & Co. Ltd, Mortlake Brewery, 14 Mortlake High Street, London SW14.
Founded at the near-by Manor House in the 15th Century.
Acquired by Charles James Phillips in the 1840s. Registered in June 1888 as More & Co. Ltd.
Acquired by Watney & Co. Ltd. in 1889. Watney amalgamated with Combe's and Reid's in 1898 to form Watney, Combe, Reid & Co. Ltd.
The Mortlake brewery was renamed the Stag Brewery in 1959 after the closure of Watney’s Stag Brewery in Pimlico.
After further changes of ownership (Elders XL 1990, Courage brewing 1991, ABInBev 2002), ABInBev closed the Mortlake Brewery and sold the site to developers in 2015.
An assortment of views of the brewery
A view of the brewery site, March 2018. Courtesy Evelyn & Paul Williams