Marston, Thompson & Evershed Ltd
Marston, Thompson & Evershed Ltd, Shobnall Road, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire.
Founded at the Horninglow Brewery by John Marston in 1834.
The Albion Brewery, Burton was built in 1875 by Mile End brewers Mann, Crossman & Paulin Ltd and used by them until 1896. Marstons moved to the Albion Brewery in 1898.
Registered in 1890 as John Marston & Son Ltd. and was re-registered June 1896.
Still brewing at Burton-upon-Trent.
- Acquisition and closure trail
- List of Marston, Thompson & Evershed Ltd pubs
- Marston's Brewing Ledgers From 1940
- Marston's Brewery, Burton on Trent - Photographs taken by Roger Putman - 11 January 2006
- Article: "Marston, Thompson & Evershed: The Early Years", by E Fower
The Burton brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published in 1890:
Posters and Labels
Various images of the brewery:
The brewery in October 1985:
A tour of the brewery in May 1990:
The Brewery in 1992:
The Brewery in 2002:
The Brewery in 2003:
Marston warehouse 2014 (courtesy Keith Busby):