Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd
Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd, Park Brewery, Bath Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Banks's Brewery: Banks's Brewery (Wolverhampton) was established at the Park Brewery in Wolverhampton in 1875.
Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd was registered in May 1890 to amalgamate: Banks's & Co, Park Brewery; C C Smith, Fox Brewery, Wolverhampton; and George Thompson & Sons, Dudley & Victoria Breweries, Dudley, with a total of 193 public houses.
Banks's Brewery (Wolverhampton) became the principal brewery.
The company renamed itself Marstons PLC in 2007. See Marstons PLC for further history.
- In 1909, the company acquired North Worcestershire Breweries Ltd of Stourbridge with approximately 135 tied houses.
- In 1912, the company acquired Rolinson & Son Ltd of Netherton.
- In 1913, the company acquired Kidderminster Brewery Co. Ltd with about 126 tied houses.
- In 1917, the company acquired City Brewery Co.(Lichfield) Ltd with about 200 tied houses, and used that brewery's maltings.
- In 1943, the company acquired Julia Hanson & Sons Ltd of Dudley with about 200 tied houses. Hansons continued brewing until about 1992.
- In 1992, they acquired the Hartlepool brewer Cameron & Co. Ltd. Subsequently, they sold off the brewery (which is still operating independently), but retained most of Cameron's tied estate.
- In 1999, the company acquired the Mansfield Brewery Co. Ltd with over 400 tied houses.
- In 1999, they also acquired Marston, Thompson & Evershed Ltd of Burton-upon-Trent (still brewing). By this time, they owned over 1,750 tied houses.
- In 2005, they acquired the brewery and pub estate of Jennings Brothers Ltd of Cockermouth (still brewing).
The Maltings at Langley: