Webb & Gibbons
Webb & Gibbons, Crown Brewery, 8/9 Market Place, Dunmow, Essex.
Merged with Randall, Gibbons, Ingold & Co. in 1911 and brewing ceased after 1918 but continued bottling until 1939.
Brewery has been demolished.
From ESSEX BREWERS - The Malting and Hop Industries of the County by Ian P Peaty 1992 now out of print ISBN 978 1 873966 02 4
The company was noted as brewers and maltsters at the Crown Brewery in 1874 and again in 1886 and 1890.
The firm ceased brewing in 1911 on the merger with Richard and William Randall, their larger neighbours.
The building would appear to be much older than the founding date of the brewery, and was no doubt built as a malthouse, possibly one hundred years before. The earliest record of brewing on this site relates to brewing apparatus which was purchased in 1866 from a Mr Franklin of Bowling Green in Rosemary Lane, the transfer being commemorated by a date stone on the building.