Shifnal Brewery Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ordnance Survey extract from 1901. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (
Shifnal 01.jpg
This blue plaque was installed by the Shifnal Society in about 2015. Image courtesy

Shifnal Brewery Ltd, Shrewsbury Road, Shifnal, Shropshire

It began as Hinckesman's Brewery Co. Ltd in nearby Grindleforge. The brewery moved to Shifnal and the name was changed to the Shifnal Brewery Co. Ltd. on 13th April 1899. They owned the following freehold pubs: Royal Oak, Church Eaton; Hare & Hounds, Wheaton Aston; Queens Head, Ironbridge; and Bulls Head, Bridgnorth; they also leased the Rolling Mill (Darlaston), a brew-pub.

This company was dissolved on 11th February 1910. The former Old Brewery was for sale December 1917. A second company of the same name was registered December 1927 and a new company, the Broadway Brewery Ltd was registered on 19th October 1934.

Acquired by Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd in 1960.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 187,769
Description  : Man carrying cock
Date of Application  : 22/05/1895
Used Prior to 1875?  : NO