Frederic Robinson Ltd, Unicorn Brewery, Lower Hillgate, Stockport, Greater Manchester.
Founded in September 1838 when William Robinson bought the Unicorn Inn from Samuel Hole. Registered 7th October 1920. Still independent.
- Sydney Pearson's Stockport brewery was acquired in September 1905 with four tied houses.
- John Heginbotham Ltd, Borough Brewery, Stalybridge was acquired in 1915.
- In February 1925, they acquired Schofield's Portland Brewery (Ashton-under-Lyne) Ltd with 42 public houses.
- They acquired Kay's Atlas Brewery Ltd of Ardwick in 1929 with c.150 houses and brewing ceased in 1936.
- Bell & Co. Ltd of Stockport were acquired in April 1949 with 160 houses. Brewing continued until 1968 and bottling until 1975.
- Hartleys (Ulverston) Ltd were acquired in 1982 with 54 tied houses. The final brew there was on 8 November 1991.
An assortment of images of the brewery