Page & Overton's Brewery Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Page & Overton Croydon leeterhead.jpg
Page & Overton advert zm.jpg
Courtesy Roy Denison

Page & Overton's Brewery Ltd, Shirley Brewery, Overton's Yard, Surrey Street, Croydon, Greater London.

Ludlam and Grant operated the Shirley Brewery, Shirley Street, Croydon until 1893 when it was acquired by Nathaniel Page.

Henry Overton founded the Royal Oak Brewery, Surrey Street 1854.

Registered August 1892 to merge Page's Shirley Brewery and Overton's Royal Oak Brewery. The Shirley Brewery was closed in 1903 and the Royal Oak Brewery was then renamed the Shirley Brewery.

Acquired by Hoare & Co. Ltd. 1929 but brewing continued until 1954.

Brewery demolished 1972.

An assortment of labels showing the products of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 71,685
Description : Three fishes
Date of Application : 16/1/1888
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 97,346
Description : "S" monogram in circle with barley & hops
Date of Application : 21/4/1890
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 335,803
Description : Label design
Date of Application : 22/08/1911
Used Prior to 1870? : NO