Okell & Sons Ltd
Okell & Sons Ltd, Old Castletown Road, Kewaigue, Isle of Man IM2 1QG
Previously at the Falcon Brewery, Douglas, Isle of Man.
Founded by William Okell. He began brewing in 1850 at "Castle Hill". He built the new Falcon Brewery at Glen Falcon Road in 1874.
Okells were acquired by Heron & Brearley, wine and spirit merchants in 1945.
Merged with the Castletown Brewery Ltd in 1986 to form Isle of Man Breweries Ltd. 71 tied houses.
In 1993, they moved to new site at Kewaigue.
Images of Okells
The Falcon Brewery in 2007. Photos: Steve Peck
The Kewaigue site in 2007. Photos: Steve Peck