Noakes & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Messrs. Noakes & Co. Ltd, New (Black Eagle) Brewery, Bermondsey, London SE. Brewers’ Journal 15th May 1898
An advert from 1919
Noakes poster.jpg

Noakes & Co. Ltd, Black Eagle Brewery, 27 White's Grounds, Bermondsey, London SE1.

Reputedly founded in 1697.

Acquired by Day, Payne & Co. 1848 with 19 public houses and became Day, Noakes & Sons 1852. Registered March 1897.

The company acquired Canning & Sons in 1923 when brewing ceased at the Black Eagle Brewery and was transferred to Windsor.

Acquired by Courage & Co. Ltd in 1930 with 120 tied houses and the Windsor brewery was closed the following year.


An assortment of views of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 280,715

Description  : King Arthur & Round Table
Date of Application  : 14/03/1906

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO