Mauldon & Son

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Maulden Sudbury.jpg
Mauldon label zb.jpg

J C Mauldon & Son, White Horse Brewery, Ballingdon Street, Ballingdon, Sudbury, Suffolk (was Essex)

Founded c.1793. The Mauldon family owned these premises from at least 1868. The Stephen Spurgin business at the Bull, Church Street and Cross Street, Sudbury was bought by Mauldons in 1885. The White Hart, 59/60 Cross Street also brewed around 1850.

Fire destroyed most of the White Horse Brewery in 1900, but the brewery was rebuilt, and it continued brewing until 1960.

Acquired by Greene King & Sons Ltd with 28 houses in 1958. The brewery buildings were demolished but the offices are still standing.

  • See Mauldon's Brewery for the brewery established by Peter Mauldon in December 1982.

Mauldon 1.jpg