Leicester Brewing & Malting Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 00:46, 12 April 2017 by SteveP (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Letterhead 1945
Old letterhead

Leicester Brewing & Malting Co. Ltd
Eagle Brewery, 51 Upper Charnwood Street, Leicester

Operated by Frederick Bates 1877. Registered June 1890 to acquire Bates, Son & Bishell and the malting business of Needham & Crick, Leicester.

Acquired by Ansells Brewery Ltd. 1952 with about 140 public houses and was closed. Bottling continued to 1960.

Some buildings remain.

The brewery:


Belgrave Hotel, Leicester: