Houlding's Brewery Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
On the door of Ye Crack, Liverpool
From the Trade Mark Registry

Houlding's Brewery Co. Ltd, 32-34 Tynemouth Street, Everton, Liverpool, Merseyside.

Founded by John Houlding in 1871 known for his involvement with local football teams, hence trademark of the Everton Beacon.

Registered December 1913.

Acquired by Ind Coope Ltd 1938 with 24 tied houses and 2 off-licences and supplied from Soho Street.

Labels showing the products of the brewery.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 71,956
Description  : Everton beacon
Date of Application  : 23/1/1888
Used Prior to 1875?  : NO