Everards Southgate Brewery
W Everard & Co Ltd, Southgate Brewery, Southgate Street, Leicester, Leicestershire.
Founded in 1849 when Thomas Hull and William Everard leased the Southgate Brewery, Southgate Street, Leicester, from Wilmot & Co.
In 1893, they acquired the Bridge Brewery, Burton-on-Trent from Henry Boddington & Co. Ltd; and in February 1898, they leased the Trent Brewery from the Trent Brewery Co Ltd and the Bridge Brewery was closed.
Registered in 1925 as W Everard & Co Ltd.
The Southgate Brewery closed in 1932 and all brewing was concentrated at Burton-on-Trent.
In 1985, the Castle Acres brewery Everards Ltd in Narborough, Leicester was established.
The Southgate Brewery: