Bishop & Sons

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

M H Bishop & Sons, South Malling Brewery, Malling Street, Lewes, East Sussex.

Owned by the Lyell Brothers and acquired by Tamplin & Sons Ltd in 1896 who put them up for sale.

W A Holman Bishop & Son dissolved 1900.

Brewery and 2 houses failed to sell in 1901 and remained empty until at least 1906.

Destroyed by fire in about 1966. The site is now occupied by a pet products shop, and it is thought that the only remaining part of the brewery is the store room at the back of the site.

Images of the brewery: