Difference between revisions of "Banks's Brewery (Wolverhampton)"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 2: Line 2:
 
[[File:Wolverhampton & Dudley letter.jpg|thumb|Letterhead 1966]]
 
[[File:Wolverhampton & Dudley letter.jpg|thumb|Letterhead 1966]]
 
[[File:Banks Label 22.jpg|thumb|Banks's Old Ale]]
 
[[File:Banks Label 22.jpg|thumb|Banks's Old Ale]]
 +
[[File:Banks's Hansons.jpg|thumb|Courtesy of Roy Denison]]
 
<big>'''Banks's Brewery''', ''Park Brewery, Bath Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands''</big>
 
<big>'''Banks's Brewery''', ''Park Brewery, Bath Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands''</big>
  

Latest revision as of 22:20, 11 September 2019

Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd., New Brewery, Wolverhampton. Brewers’ Journal 15th December 1898
Letterhead 1966
Banks's Old Ale
Courtesy of Roy Denison

Banks's Brewery, Park Brewery, Bath Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands

Banks's was a firm of 19th century malsters who started brewing in 1874 at Newbridge. They established the Park Brewery in Wolverhampton in 1875.

In May 1890 they merged with C C Smith, Fox Brewery, Wolverhampton; and George Thompson & Sons, Dudley & Victoria Breweries, Dudley, with a total of 193 public houses to form Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd.

Wolverhampton became the principal brewery. A new 60-quarter brewery, designed by architect Arthur Kinder, was built in 1898 on the Park Brewery site.

For subsequent development of the group, see: Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd.


Banks's Maltings at Langley:


Various views of the brewery:


The brewery in 1992:


The brewery in 1995:


The brewery in September 2010: