Banks's Brewery (Wolverhampton)
Banks's Brewery, Park Brewery, Bath Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Banks's was a firm of 19th century malsters who started brewing in 1874 at Newbridge. They established the Park Brewery in Wolverhampton in 1875.
In May 1890 they merged with C C Smith, Fox Brewery, Wolverhampton; and George Thompson & Sons, Dudley & Victoria Breweries, Dudley, with a total of 193 public houses to form Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd.
Wolverhampton became the principal brewery. A new 60-quarter brewery, designed by architect Arthur Kinder, was built in 1898 on the Park Brewery site.
For subsequent development of the group, see: Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd.
Banks's Maltings at Langley:
Various views of the brewery:
The brewery in 1992:
The brewery in 1995:
The brewery in September 2010: