Arthur & Bertram Hall Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
E Anglian Forehill, Ely.jpg
Hall Ely letterhead.jpg

Arthur & Bertram Hall Ltd, Forehill Brewery, Forehill, Ely, Cambridgeshire.

Hall family believed to have brewed on the Quayside 1700-1750.

Forehill Brewery built 1869-1871. Acquired William Henry Brook's Crown Brewery of Lincoln in 1892.

Registered 1912.

Merged with Cutlack & Harlock Ltd. September 1930 to form Hall, Cutlack & Harlock Ltd. which merged with Huntingdon Breweries Ltd. June 1950 to form East Anglian Breweries Ltd. who were acquired by Steward & Patteson Ltd. 1957.

Forehill Brewery closed early 1969.

An assortment of images of the brewery