W M Cross

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

W M Cross, Derby Arms, 2/4 Lord Street, Preston, Lancashire.

The Derby Arms originally traded as the Joiners’ Arms.

In 1932 Cross bought the Golden Lion Brewery, which stood in Ward’s End yard at the rear of the Derby Arms.

He closed the Golden Lion brewhouse two years later.

Acquired by Chesters Brewery Co. Ltd. 1944.

Brewing ceased 3rd April 1950 and the brewery has been demolished.