Thorougood's Breweries Ltd
Thorougood's Breweries Ltd, Lion Brewery, 12 Queen Street, Waterloo, Merseyside.
The Lion Brewery was built 1877-1878 by William Okell of the Falcon Brewery, Douglas, Isle of Man to introduce his popular light ale to the mainland.
In 1887 it was bought by Thomas Webster Thorougood. Presumably the son of James at Burscough, see James Thorougood & Son.
Registered June 1896 as T W Thorougood Ltd. Became Thorougood's Breweries Ltd when the two Thorougood companies merged in February 1898.
Acquired by Threlfall & Co Ltd in 1921-1922.