Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd
Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd, 54 High Street, Bridgwater, Somerset and Fore Street, Tiverton, Devon.
Founded by George Knight 1840. Registered November 1887 as Starkey, Knight & Co. Ltd. to acquire the businesses of Henry and George Knight, Northgate Brewery and Thomas Starkey, North Petherton and Taunton breweries with a total of 30 public houses.
Name changed as above 1895 when Thomas Ford & Son of Tiverton was acquired with c.75 tied houses.
North Petherton and Taunton breweries closed 1906.
Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1962 with 400 tied houses.
The Bridgwater brewery was closed in the same year.
An assortment of views of the brewery.