Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd
Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd, Northgate Brewery, Bridgwater, Somerset.
Founded 1842 by George Knight. Registered November 1887 as Starkey, Knight & Co., having merged with Thomas Starkey, of North Petherton and Taunton.
In 1889 a new tower brewery was constructed, their offices being at what had been the Heal & Cook site 54 High Street. In 1895 changed to Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd in 1895 when Thomas Ford & Son of Tiverton was acquired with 40 tied houses.
North Petherton and Taunton closed 1906.
Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. in 1962 with 400 tied houses. The Bridgwater brewery was closed in the same year, and demolished 1967.
An assortment of views of the brewery