Difference between revisions of "Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[Image:Tiverton 02.jpg|thumb|An advert from 1900]]
 
[[Image:Tiverton 02.jpg|thumb|An advert from 1900]]
 
[[Image:Tiverton 03.jpg|thumb|Letterhead 1951]]
 
[[Image:Tiverton 03.jpg|thumb|Letterhead 1951]]
[[File:s-l225 (7).jpg|thumb|Tivvy Ales]]
 
 
[[File:StarkeyKF_Sign_RayFarleigh.jpg|thumb|In the Lethbridge Arms, Bishops Lydeard, 2009]]
 
[[File:StarkeyKF_Sign_RayFarleigh.jpg|thumb|In the Lethbridge Arms, Bishops Lydeard, 2009]]
 
[[File:StarkeyKF_Sign1_RayFarleigh.jpg|thumb|In the Lethbridge Arms, Bishops Lydeard, 2009]]
 
[[File:StarkeyKF_Sign1_RayFarleigh.jpg|thumb|In the Lethbridge Arms, Bishops Lydeard, 2009]]
Line 19: Line 18:
  
  
'''An assortment of views of the brewery.'''
+
'''An assortment of views of the brewery'''
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Line 27: Line 26:
 
Image:Starkey 02.jpg|A charabanc outing for the brewery staff.  
 
Image:Starkey 02.jpg|A charabanc outing for the brewery staff.  
 
Image:Tiverton 01.jpg|The Whitbread Bottling Hall.
 
Image:Tiverton 01.jpg|The Whitbread Bottling Hall.
 +
</gallery>
 +
 +
 +
'''Labels'''
 +
 +
<gallery>
 +
File:s-l225 (7).jpg|Tivvy Ales
 
File:Starkey Knight & Ford Tiverton Ale.jpg|Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:Starkey Knight & Ford Tiverton Ale.jpg|Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:Starkey Knight & Ford.jpg|Courtesy Roy Denison
 
File:Starkey Knight & Ford.jpg|Courtesy Roy Denison

Latest revision as of 11:45, 31 May 2020

An advert from 1900
Letterhead 1951
In the Lethbridge Arms, Bishops Lydeard, 2009
In the Lethbridge Arms, Bishops Lydeard, 2009
In the Merchants Inn, Rugby

Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd, Northgate Brewery, Bridgwater, Somerset.

Founded 1842 by George Knight. Registered November 1887 as Starkey, Knight & Co., having merged with Thomas Starkey, of North Petherton and Taunton.

In 1889 a new tower brewery was constructed, their offices being at what had been the Heal & Cook site 54 High Street. In 1895 changed to Starkey, Knight & Ford Ltd in 1895 when Thomas Ford & Son of Tiverton was acquired with 40 tied houses.

North Petherton and Taunton closed 1906.

Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. in 1962 with 400 tied houses. The Bridgwater brewery was closed in the same year, and demolished 1967.



An assortment of views of the brewery


Labels