Rigden & Co Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 15:33, 4 December 2015 by Bhadmin (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An advert from 1858

W E & J Rigden Ltd, Court Street, Faversham, Kent.

Founded in the early 1700s by Edward Rigden.

Registered 1902.

Merged with George Beer & Co. 1922 to form George Beer & Rigden Ltd which was acquired by Fremlins Ltd. in 1948 and brewing ceased 1954.

Production recommenced in 1961, coming under the control of Whitbread after Fremlins acquired in 1968.

Brewery closed 1990.

An assortment of images of the brewery