Rigden & Co Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An advert from 1858
Beer & Rigden Faversham 1948.jpg
Courtesy Roy Denison
Rigdens-Advert-1936.jpg
Courtesy Roy Denison
Rigden Int.jpg
Rigden Ext.jpg
GeorgeBeer&Rigdenpub.jpg

W E & J Rigden Ltd, Court Street, Faversham, Kent

Founded in the early 1700s by Edward Rigden. Registered in 1902 as Rigden & Co.

Merged with George Beer & Co. Ltd in 1922 to form George Beer & Rigden, not being limited until 1927.

Was acquired by Fremlins Ltd in 1948 and brewing ceased 1954.

Production recommenced in 1961, coming under the control of Whitbread after Fremlins acquired in 1968.

Brewery closed 1990 but the buildings remain intact, some converted to a supermarket.


Rigden's Brewery Workshops and Stables

List of W E & J Rigden Ltd pubs


An assortment of images of the brewery


The brewery in 2007:


The brewery in 2019:

From the collection of Roy Denison