Phillips, More & Co. Ltd
Phillips, More & Co. Ltd, Mortlake Brewery, 14 Mortlake High Street, London SW14.
Founded at the near-by Manor House in the 15th Century.
Acquired by Charles James Phillips in the 1840s.
Registered June 1888 as More & Co. Ltd.
Acquired by Watney & Co. Ltd. in 1889 and renamed the Stag Brewery in 1959 after the closure of Watney’s Stag Brewery, Westminster.
Acquired by Grand Metropolitan Hotels in 1972 and was merged with Truman, Hanbury & Buxton in 1974.
After further changes of ownership (Elders XL 1990,Courage brewing 1991, ABInBev 2002) it is scheduled to be closed in 2014.
An assortment of views of the brewery