Mumford & Combe Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

F J Mumford & B Combe Ltd, Royal George Brewery, 21 Hall Street, Kidderminster, Worcestershire.

In 1892 William Mumford was brewing at Greenhill, 20 Hurcott Lane. His son Frederick John bought the Royal George, with its brewhouse, and brewing was transferred there on the death of William.

Later access was from Orchard Street, having bought the Oak pub.

Trading as Mumford & Combe in 1899, but the following year merged with Allens of Worcester and Malvern.

However, 1902 Frederick Pugh was listed at No 21.

In the 1960s the site disappeared under a relief road.