James Sullivan & Co. Ltd
James Sullivan & Co. Ltd, Kilkenny Brewery, St.James's Street, Kilkenny, Ireland.
Founded 1702 and acquired by the Sullivan family in 1810.
Registered 1903 but wound up 1917 and sold to Smithwick & Sons Ltd in 1919 with 6 houses and closed.
From the Brewery History Society Journal Number 91
The ancient establishment was founded in 1702 by the Archdekin family and was purchased by the Sullivans in 1810 who constructed two breweries one on either side of James Street.
Brewers of ale and porter, they traded locally and abroad in the South of England.
The breweries were closed down in 1914 when they were taken over by their local rivals, Messrs Smithwick & Sons Ltd.