Imperial Lager Brewery Ltd
Imperial Lager Brewery Ltd, Portland Road, Tottenham London N15.
Operating in 1882 as the Austro-Bavarian Lager Beer Brewery & Crystal Ice Factory.
Registered 5th May 1886 as the Tottenham Lager Beer & Ice Factory Ltd to acquire the business of Leopold Seckendorff.
Voluntary liquidation 6th March 1895 and a new company was registered as above in February 1895. Brewing ceased 1903 and the name was changed to Imperial Cold Stores Ltd.
From the Brewery history society Newlsetter No 69
Concerning 27, 29, 31, 33 Portland Road (now Portland Rise). Begins with assignment by WH Chapman to Robert Day. Property passes through several hands before being assigned by the Imperial Lager Brewery to CH Cowles. 1879-1897
The site was originally Grove House, used as a school until 1881. In March 1881 Austro Bavarian Lager was formed, alongside an ice factory, and brewing in 1882. Advertising February 1883 bottle and cask. Registered 5th May 1886 as the Tottenham Lager Beer and Ice Factory Ltd, to acquire the business of Leopold Seckendorf. In 1890 managed by Otto Vollman who lived at 317 High Road. Range of lagers: Angel, Mermaid, Rainbow and Snail. In 1888 Charles N Jackson who had been connected with the firm for many years became the representative for the St Pauli Breweries Co. In June 1891 the Christiana Brewery Co closed their London stores and agency at 31 Crutched Friars, having transferred the goodwill and machinery here. In July 1892 Adolf Frolisch, born Aschaffenburgh and only 21 committed suicide. His fellow brewer was Jacob Sasse.
A petition for the winding up of the Tottenham Lager Beer Brewery and Ice Factory Limited was, on the 13th day of July, 1894, presented by Hermann Jacob Wallraf, of 14 Harwood Road, Walham Green, and 7 Angel Court, Throgmorton Street, Gent, and Sarah Le Vino, of 42 Myliustrasse, Frankfort-On-Main, Widow, creditors of the said Company.
An assortment of views of the brewery
The many entries in the Trade Mark Directory