Hunt & Co
Hunt & Co, West Street, Alresford, Hampshire.
Hunt & Anderson listed in 1784, John Hunt in 1783, John and Edward Hunt listed from 1823 to 1859. Listed as Hunt & Co from 1867 to 1899.
Acquired by Crowley & Co of Alton in 1902 and used as a depot until at least 1911. Maltings extant.
The two gate piers to 'Brewhouse Yard' feature a carved letter 'H', much eroded. Edward's son William Henry Hunt became a prominent local architect. His house at 36 West Street features two roundels in the spandrels on each side of the door arch: 'WHH' in entwined script on the left, and the date 1868 on the right.