Highgate & Walsall Brewery Co. Ltd
Highgate & Walsall Brewery Co Ltd, Walsall Brewery, Sandymount Road, Walsall, West Midlands.
Registered August 1898 as the Highgate-Walsall Brewery Co. Ltd. The brewery was built in 1898 for J A Fletcher. Merged with John Lord, Town Brewery, Walsall and Arthur Beebee Ltd, Malt Shovel Brewery in 1924 to form Walsall Breweries Proprietary Ltd. All brewing was moved to Highgate. Acquired by Mitchells & Butlers Ltd in August 1939 with 30 public houses.
After a management buy-out in 1995, when it was renamed as above, it was merged with Aston Manor Brewery in 2000. However, financial problems resulted in it closing in 2010.
The buildings have been listed, grade 2.
- List of Highgate- Walsall Brewery Co Ltd pubs
- List of pubs owned by the Highgate Brewery following their Management Buy-Out
- BHS visit to Highgate Brewery in April 2007
- Highgate Brewery - Gallery
An assortment of images of the brewery
The brewery in 1991