Henry Lovibond & Son Ltd (Fulham)

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 11:00, 4 June 2020 by SteveP (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Lovibond Fulham -2.jpg
Henry Lovibond BHS Archive.jpg

Henry Lovibond & Son (1900) Ltd, Cannon Brewery, 80-84 Lillie Road, Fulham, London SW6.

Henry James Lovibond was a coal merchant and maltster in Langport, Somerset between 1834-1839. He is listed as a brewer at Langport (probably the nearby village of Curry Rivel) from 1839-1842, then moved to London in about 1844.

He brewed at Vauxhall, then from 1857-1867 at the Cannon Brewery, 10 Cumberland Place, Kings Road.

In 1866 Lovibond bought a house called The Hermitage, from James Park, and built this Cannon brewery at the rear. He founded the Lillie Road brewery in 1867. Registered 1900 to acquire the business of the same name which was registered February 1897. They attempted to acquire Hoxton Brewery Ltd, but bankruptcy intervened.

Wound-up 1901 and acquired by John Lovibond & Sons Ltd. Ceased brewing 1909 and became a depot and a pie factory.

Premises used as an aircraft factory during the First World War.