Hannah Whitcraft

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Hannah Whitcraft, Three Crowns, Market Place, Whitwick, Leicestershire.

In 1800 the Three Crowns was for sale, the owner being the trustees/executors of John Jeffon deceased, the tenant William Whitcraft. In 1813 Mr Whitcroft (sic) was shown as running the pub. In 1848 Mrs Hannah Whitcraft then took the licence and was listed as the brewer in 1877.

In 1884 it was run by Edward Hood, who was also running the Forest Rock Hotel on Leicester Road, but there was no mention of brewing. The datestone over the entrance to the yard has the inscription 1881, suggesting that the pub was rebuilt around this time.

It is still in business.