Friary, Holroyd & Healy's Breweries Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 21:46, 30 July 2018 by Bhadmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
An advert from 1867
Friary Meux 1963.jpg
Friary Meux Ind Coope.jpg
Messrs. Friary, Holroyd & Healy Breweries Ltd., Guildford, Surrey. Brewers’ Journal 15th December 1902
Friary Meux 1969.jpg
Friary Meux Guidlford.jpg

Friary, Holroyd & Healy's Breweries Ltd, Commercial Road, Guildford, Surrey.

Developed from 1865 onwards by Thomas Taunton of the Cannon Brewery (founded 1844). Registered June 1889 on acquiring Holroyds.

Acquired Healys in 1890 but name not changed to above until 1895. Recorded as having c400 houses in 1928.

Merged with Meux's Brewery Co. Ltd. 1956 to form Friary Meux Ltd. Brewing ceased 23rd January 1969 and the brewery has been demolished.

An assortment of beers from the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 42,040

Description  : Label "Anglo-Lager Beer"
Date of Application  : 10/1/1885
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 402,106
Description  : Oatmeal Stout label
Date of Application  : 20/03/1920
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 410,488
Description  : Words "FRIARY"
Date of Application  : 08/12/1920
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 458,644
Description  : Words "AULD CROFTER" for whisky
Date of Application  : 05/05/1925
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 514,262
Description  : Words"TYPICO"
Date of Application  : 03/07/1930
Used Prior to 1870?  : NO

Registration No  : 547,767
Description  : Label
Date of Application  : 15/01/1934

Used Prior to 1870?  : User claims from 11th November 1924