Farnham United Breweries Ltd
Farnham United Breweries Ltd, Lion Brewery, West Street, Farnham, Surrey.
Founded 1860. Registered October 1889 to acquire: G Trimmer, Lion Brewery; R T & J Barrett, Red Lion Brewery, Farnham and the Red Lion Brewery, Basingstoke.
Acquired by Courage & Co. Ltd in 1927 with 196 public houses. Brewing ceased 1928 but malting continued until 1956.
Farnham United Breweries Ltd, Wote Street, Basingstoke, Hampshire.
The Barretts were brewing at Flaxfield or Peartree Corner, Basingstoke, from at least 1830.
Edward Barrett was listed at that date with Edward and Robert Barrett from 1847 until 1852 and Barrett and Hindes from 1857 until 1859.
Listed as Robert Tyler and John Barrett from 1865 until 1878.
They moved from Flaxfield Brewery to above address in 1878.
See also Farnham, Surrey. Became Farnham United Breweries in 1889.
Used as a depot until at least 1911.
An assortment of images of the brewery