E. & G. Morse
Jump to navigation Jump to search
E & G Morse, Crown Brewery, 3 Crown Street (now Crown Street West), Lowestoft, Suffolk.
Founded by Henry Morse at Bell Lane Brewery 1842 and moved to the Crown Brewery by 1868.
Morse & Woods were also at the Swaffham Brewery, Norfolk until 1895.
Acquired by Morgan's Brewery Co. Ltd in 1936 and brewing ceased.
The premises are now occupied by an artists' materials company.
An assortment of views of the brewery
An Ordnance Survey extract from 1904. "Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland" http://maps.nls.uk/index.html
The brewery and Crown Hotel, 2019:
From the Paul Gunnell archive