Crown & Woolpack (Stamford)
Crown & Woolpack, 51 Scotgate, Stamford, Lincolnshire.
George Wheatley recorded as brewer here in 1898. In 1913 and 1919, he was running a "motor garage" next door at no.50.
In 1896 and 1905, Kelly's records George as a "wine & spirit merchant and livery stable keeper".
The pub was later taken over by Soames & Co. Ltd of Spalding. In 2002, there was a leaded light window: 'SOAMES' in gold lettering. By 2005 that the pub had been converted to flats, called "Blenheim Court", but the window remained. By 2011, the front leaded windows survive, but the lettered window has been lost.