Difference between revisions of "Cameron & Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 21: Line 21:
 
'''An assortment of views of the brewery.'''
 
'''An assortment of views of the brewery.'''
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
File:Camerons.JPG
 
 
Image:Camerons 36.jpg|
 
Image:Camerons 36.jpg|
 
Image:Camerons 35.jpg|  
 
Image:Camerons 35.jpg|  

Revision as of 16:47, 1 June 2016

Messrs. J.W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., New Maltings, West Hartlepool, Co. Durham. Brewers’ Journal 15th April 1897
Messrs. J. W. Cameron & Co. Ltd., Pneumatic Maltings, West Hartlepool. Brewers’ Journal 15th February 1908
The brewery at the turn of the 20th Century.
Camerons 20.jpg
Camerons 21.jpg

J W Cameron & Co. Ltd, Lion Brewery, Stockton Street, Hartlepool, Durham.

Founded 1852 by William Waldon.

Leased to John William Cameron 1872 with 16 public houses and he bought the brewery in 1893.

Registered as above November 1894 with 50 tied houses.

Acquired with 750 houses in 1974 by Ellerman Lines Ltd, which in turn was acquired by Barclay Brothers 1983 and finally sold to the Brent Walker Group in January 1989.

It was then bought by Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd in 2000.

In 2002, they sold the brewery to Castle Eden Brewery Ltd but retain the Cameron’s name.


An assortment of views of the brewery.


The following images were taken on a BHS Visit in 1991.

The following images were taken on a BHS Visit in 2013.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 513,240
Description : Gold Finch cider label
Date of Application : 27/05/1930
Used Prior to 1875? : NO