Blyburgate Brewery, Beccles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Blyburgate Brewery, Blyburgate, Beccles, Suffolk
Thought to have been owned by the Farr family:
Blyburgate Brewery – John Farr gent (1660-1723); then son John (1697-1782); John III (1723-1795); son Thomas (1762-1850). It seems the brewery frontage at No.4 and Blyburgate House were demolished in the 1930s. The brewery stood behind what is now St Johns / shops, but some remains form part of the Hall.
In 1844 William Lenney was a brewer in Ballygate Street. That year he rented the White Horse, Market Place, from JL Farr.