Birkenhead Brewery Co. Ltd
Birkenhead Brewery Co. Ltd, 73 Oxton Road, Birkenhead, Merseyside.
Registered August 1865 as the Birkenhead Amalgamated Brewery Co. Ltd to merge Aspinall's Anchor Brewery, Livingstone Street (rebuilt 1900) and Cook's Argyle Brewery, Oxton Road.
The Cooks also brewed at Tetbury, N. & W. Cook,.
Name changed as above March 1872. 120 tied houses.
Merged with Chesters Brewery Co. Ltd. 1962 and closed.
The principal brewery in later years was the old Aspinall site which eventually ceased brewing in 1968.
An assortment of views of the brewery.
From a visit by Mike Brown in 2019