Difference between revisions of "William John Sissons"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 3: Line 3:
 
<big>'''William John Sissons, '''''Cambrian Brewery, Bridge Street, Wrexham, Clwyd''</big>
 
<big>'''William John Sissons, '''''Cambrian Brewery, Bridge Street, Wrexham, Clwyd''</big>
  
Joseph Clark of Clark & Orfords started brewing here in 1844. Acquired by William Sissons in 1874.
+
Founded by 1844.  
 +
 
 +
Acquired by William Sissons in 1874.
  
 
The Brewery closed in 1922 and their 48 tied houses were leased to the [[Island Green Brewery Co. Ltd]].
 
The Brewery closed in 1922 and their 48 tied houses were leased to the [[Island Green Brewery Co. Ltd]].

Revision as of 12:30, 22 April 2020

The brewery in 1922
Sisson Wrexham.jpg

William John Sissons, Cambrian Brewery, Bridge Street, Wrexham, Clwyd

Founded by 1844.

Acquired by William Sissons in 1874.

The Brewery closed in 1922 and their 48 tied houses were leased to the Island Green Brewery Co. Ltd.

Further information on the Cambrian Brewery can be found here:

https://www.wrexham-history.com/cambrian-brewery/


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 177,477
Description : Dumb bell with letters S&W TM for wooden packing case
Date of Application : 11/1/1894
Used Prior to 1870? : NO