Whitaker & Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An advert from 1900
Whitakers poster xb.jpeg

William Whitaker & Co. Ltd, Old Brewery, Brewery Street & Thornton Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Founded 1757.

Originally at Horton Road, later Great Horton Road.

In 1861 they built grand entrance to the brewery yard off Thornton Road.

Registered November 1897.

Brewing ceased 1928 and the brewery was demolished and replaced by a cinema. They continued to operate as bottlers, wine and spirit merchants and public house owners from premises at Park Road, off Manchester Road. See Whitaker & Co. Ltd (Bottlers).

Acquired by Joshua Tetley & Son Ltd. 1959 with 119 houses.

List of William Whitaker & Co. Ltd. pubs